This is Planks first ever Instagram sample sale… we’re probably more excited than you are!
The items being sold have been piled high in our broom cupboard for months, we’re grateful for your help clearing some space for the new samples.
The sale is primarily sample product, but also includes “bulk production” stock which has inexplicably found its way into our sample cupboard. If you have no idea what a sample is, you can find out more below. The gear is from previous seasons or is sample product from the AW20 collection which was cut before bulk production.
Additionally, we are running Zoom video consultations through the day, so, if you want to see an item in more detail or if you have questions about a certain item you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll invite you to a call.
Here’s what you need to do!
- Open Instagram on your phone and navigate to “planksclothing”
- Click on stories – we’ll be adding a new item approximately every 5 minutes through the day
- Navigate to clothing categories (e.g. Mens Jackets) using the story highlights below the bio
- If you want to buy something DM us with the product name, size and colour
- If you want to see something more closely or have questions about the item email us at email@example.com to arrange a Zoom call
- Once you’ve sent confirmation that you want to buy an item, we’ll send you Planks’ PayPal account details with a payment reference
- The item/s will be reserved for 60 minutes. If we do not receive payment within that time period the item will be released for somebody else to purchase
- Once payment is received, we’ll send you a receipt of payment email
- Our intention is to ship your item/s within three working days of your order
- Crack open a cold one, you deserve it
What are samples?
Samples are made from the same materials as our bulk production, in the same factories in exactly the same way, just in smaller quantities. We use samples to help our sales team to sell products into retailers, they’re used for photoshoots and used by our team riders so that we have media assets read for the new season. Some samples may have small aesthetic differences, for example a label might be in a different place, or the information on the label might be incorrect, but the product is for all intent and purposes the same.
Before shipping the product to you we will mark product (in a location where it isn’t visible) so that a sample sale items can be identified.
Are all the goods for sale samples?
No, there’s a mix. Some of the items are just excess stock that’s found its way into our store cupboard… it might have been intended as a prize for an event that got cancelled or returned to us by a retailer. There are also a small number of one of a kind prototypes. We will clearly identify prototypes, they usually have random colourways which haven’t featured in previous collections.
Shipping is a flat fee, regardless of the number of goods purchased. We do not offer a reduced postage fee for small single items like beanies and T-shirts.
Shipping within the UK = £3
Shipping to countries within the EU = 5Eur
Shipping to North America = £10
Please note, Shipping rates do not include import taxes. Import taxes and customs charges are the responsibility of the recipient (buyer).
Terms and conditions
The condition of the sale items varies from brand new to “like new” i.e. limited use for studio photoshoots or demonstration. Please contact us via email for a closer inspection.
All sales are final. No returns unless goods are proven to be faulty on receipt. Faulty goods must be communicated to Planks customer service with 14 days of the receipt of goods.
Orders will be dispatched within 4 working days of it being placed.
All sample sale items are subject to a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty against faulty workmanship.
PayPal is the only payment method. Please only use the payment reference provided.
The purchaser is liable for all import taxes, brokerage and additional courier fees that result from importing goods. Where applicable, documentation will be provided with goods travelling outside of the EU.